"It has been said that the Stone Age did not end because man ran out of stones. Instead, Stone Age technology was superceded by new tools and capabilities." -- D. Lankes.
"Credibility on the internet: shifting from authority to reliability." Journal of Documentation 64. 5 (2008): 667-686.
After this session you will:
- Learn how to find books and articles using the Library's General Search
- Locate and select appropriate Library databases to locate academic articles
- Apply different search strategies to find relevant articles
- Discover the difference between scholarly and popular articles
- Recognize parts of a citation to support ideas and give credit where credit is due
- Apply various strategies for evaluating websites
- Learn how to request books and articles from other libraries
- Gain an understanding of the library and feel comfortable asking for help