These journals are dedicated to the history of nursing and medicine.
Recommended databases that include articles about well known figures in nursing and medicine.
Best tip: Search your topic in the History of Medicine subset within PubMed.
Other search tips:
1. Apply the subheading /history (or /hi) to a Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) or your search topic
2. Search a personal name as a subject, such as Lillian Wald, using the abbreviation [PS]
3. Search a person as an author.
4. Limit search of a person using filters "Biography," "Portraits," or "Personal Narratives" found under Article Types on left side of search screen
Search your topic using these examples:
1. Use keywords with the option of specifying where your term(s) should appear in the article using the drop-down box.
2. Use CINAHL Headings and select History as a subheading for that term.
3. Search a historical person and limit to author (AU) or as Named Person (NP) from the drop down box.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 4.0 International License. | Details and Exceptions